Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Prodical Mom

I think I must look at things from a different angle than most. In pondering the story of the prodigal son, I think it was good that the father was the one involved. I can tell you if it had been the mom..she would not have been patiently sitting on the porch "watching" for his return. That mom would have been out scouring the country-side. She would have been "texting" all his "friends" to find out where he was and how he was. Was he eating right? Pig-food you say.. No not my boy...here take him the Sonic coupons? You mamas know what I mean dont you. It is so hard to let your children "find-themselves" .. It would be so much easier if they would just let us tell them WHOSE they are and save them a lot of time and trouble. I guess too it would have taken him alot longer to get to the place GOD wanted him...hmmmmm
Well I guess that is all I want to say about this subject FOR NOW!!! Look for me out on the porch :)

4 comments:

  1. Guess ya know I meant the Prodigal MOM...because now I know there is no such word as prodical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. And you know, I'm a step-mom whose heart has been so filled with these "kids" (the youngest is 30) that I, too, know what you mean. I so want to just hold onto them so tight and take away all their growing up pain. Could I ask you to pray that God would put the right words and scriptures in my mind and mouth at the time I need it instead of three days later?

    Praying for you,
    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good GOOD words Mary Mimi. Thank you for sharing and Celia I WILL pray for you too.
    love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN. i am with you all the way on this one.

    ReplyDelete