Monday, September 7, 2009

Girls,girls,girls, FOOD is not your enemy!! You must face and conquer the enemy right under your nose. Yes, that's right your MOUTH.. What goes in and what comes out!!!
1) Be aware of what you are stuffing into it.. Check out MY new best friend - thedailyplate.com
It is SUPER, once you navigate your way around it. It lets you type in whatever food you have eaten..fresh veggies, McD fries, Fuddrucker 1/3# burger...whatever...and then it keeps a running tally of your calories, it even helps you calculate what your calories should be and how the calories you are eating break down into carbs, fats, protein... I love it...there is an instruction video on one page to help you get started or ask me and I will do what I can to get you going.
2) Watch what comes out of your mouth..Do not be doubting and putting yourself down. Speak words of life to yourself and not death.. Encourage yourself and others... BE your own BEST tool.. Tell yourself you will succeed, because you CAN!!AND together we WILL!!!
Well more on these two tips later...going to eat some bbq chicken and beans.CYA soon.

4 comments:

  1. Food is not my enemies, the calories are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you suggest to someone who is sick and tired of planning, buying, cooking and storing foods (healthy or not) after forty years of doing it every DAY!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear paperpotter:
    I haven't fallen of the face..just thinking. I have/had the same question. I have been married to the same meat-aterian for 36 yrs.
    I tire of same-o same-o. My only solution has been to think outside his box. I watch foodtv and get inspired to try something he won't like, but that I need. I guess like spice-of-life..just jazz up my thinking and eating. I do have to compromise often and do his and mine. But me being inspired seems to make a difference. I am still thinking and if I come up with something really inspirational I will share asap. mary.mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kristi:
    Precisely my point...FOOD-good Calories-Bad
    Think what you are eating, before you eat.
    mydailyplate has a pi-chart that shows how your calories break up into carbs, fat, protein. Check out what you are eating on the chart, maybe you can visual where your bad stuff is coming from and make wiser choices.
    mary.mimi

    ReplyDelete