Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Morning Blues

Anything you did even for the least of my people here, you did also for me.” Matthew 25:40
What is the sign of the saved? Their scholarship? Their willingness to go to foreign lands? Their ability to amass an audience and preach? Their skillful pens and hope-filled volumes? . . . No.The sign of the saved is their love for the least . . .
No fanfare. No hoopla. No media coverage. Just good people doing good things. For when we do good things to others we do good things to God. by Max Lucado
Thank you LORD for this gentle reminder of things to come... I spent Sunday with Kristi,Verna and friends at Homeless Outreach..This was one of the harder outreaches for me to date. Seems there was bickering among those there to receive. Ungratefulness, not sure how to put it into words, but just general unrest... It was hard..and I was discouraged, You know, WHY are we here, What good are we doing? Then this morning in my inbox, a GOD message... I am sure when Max wrote this in a book years ago he wasnt thinking about me, and my Monday morning blues. BUT the lover of my soul was, and he had it penned just for me...THANK YOU LORD...for your words 2 thousand years ago, that would be used to encourage and uplift and remind me TODAY... I LOVE YOU. And now, back to work.. :)

1 comment:

  1. it was a rough day, but take the good with the bad. Working on something in my head, tried calling you to get your input Call me when you can

    ReplyDelete